It wasn't easy to catch these little fishes. I managed to catch a few. Hanhan almost gave up trying, but after some persuasion and persevere, she also managed to catch a few. As for Daddy, he did it with ease. It really amazed me when he just swing the net blindly under the little bridge where the fishes hid and caught several of them with just one scoop. What good luck!
And one week after this incident, her grandpa bought her a packet of "longkang" fishes, but they met with the same fate. Hanhan was really sad this time and kept asking why did all the fishes die, we can't answer her as we had done what we know and I wonder why too. Hanhan wanted to keep a pet, and since "Puppy" and "Power" had died around June after living to a ripe old age, we told her that we might get her something else but we had made it clear to her that we are not keeping fishes again, at least not "longkang" fish. When grandpa knew what happened to the fishes, he wanted to buy another batch for Hanhan, but Daddy told him that we don't intend to keep fishes, maybe we will get a terrapin instead and her grandpa said that he will buy it for Hanhan. :P We will see about it then. My 5 year old
- likes to hold our hands and swing like a monkey after the count of 3
- walks faster than her mummy and likes to say "walk faster"
- likes to imitate her Daddy
- likes to talk a lot
- likes to watch VCD again and again
- likes to say "how long is this going to take"
- is growing more and more independent.
- scored full marks for all her English spelling and makes her mummy proud.
- promised to teach and play with her baby brother/sister :)