Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Strawberry cake

Yesterday after my CCM lesson, I passed by a bakery and was attracted by their beauitful strawberry cake and it makes me crave for strawberry cake.

I have some strawberries in the fridge, so today Hanhan and I baked strawberry cake together. Hanhan helped me to sift the flour, she is now really pro in it. She had lots of practise in sifting the flour for baking cookies. Errr.... actually cookies doesn't require the flour to be sifted, well..... when she was there and so eager to help I forget about that, anyway that kind of kept her occupied which was good ;P

Well......, back to the cake. It is a combination of simple sponge cake with strawberry and whipped cream. The cake tastes good, but I still prefer to have dark chocolate cake with strawberry. I find dark chocolate and strawberries are the best partner. Just thinking about the sweetness, bitterness of chocolate and the slightly sour but strong flavour of strawberry, makes me drool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I could totally lead you astray on Saturday then??

Huge wow on the cake front!! I DO NOT have the patience to make a cake like this.

Little Munchkins said...

*drool* That does look very yummy!