Sponge cake base similar to the Christmas log cake, but I added slightly more chocolate to get a darker shade and more chocolatey taste.
For chocolate mousse, I followed a recipe found on the net. I do not have a cooking thermometer, and was cautious about Salmonella poisoning, therefore, I just cooked the egg yolk, and the rest of the methods were the same. In the end, I realised the "mousse" was basicially made from egg yolk, chocolate and whipping cream. :P I think next time I will just leave out the egg yolk, and make chocolate whipped cream (no worries about Salmonella poisoning).
Yum yum, I love this cake. Daddy loves it too. It's really chocolatey.
I am not an expert in baking, but I love to try out different cakes, especially chocolate cakes ;) and I really love this sponge cake base. With ovalett/emusifier, it is really easy to make a sponge cake. Here is the recipe(with some lazy modification, correct me if you think that is seriously wrong):
Ingredients (just nice for a
229" circle pan) (what am I writing? 22"?!)
1) 3 eggs
2) 50 g sugar
3) 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4) 1/4 Tablespoon sweeten condensed milk
5) 1/4 Tablespoon ovalett/emusifier
6) 50g sifted top flour
7) 15g sifted corn flour
8) 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
9) 25 g melted butter/cooking oil
10) chocolate/cocoa powder (for chocolate cake, and add as you like)
1) Beat ingredients 1 to 5 till ribbon forms.
2) Add in ingredients 6 to 8 ( + 10 optional ), fold in till combine.
3) Fold in cooled melted butter/cooking oil.
4) Put into preheated oven, bake at 175 degree celsius for about 20 mins.
* temperature and time differ from oven to oven, as the temperature indicated on the oven might not be accurate